Midlife Crises

Mid-life crises are A Thing.

I hit my late 40s and decided to pick up guitar again after decades away from it. I played a bit in junior high, but was awful at it. I got the itch, so I went out and bought a $200 Fender D60 guitar, then took some classical guitar lessons. It scratched my itch and fulfilled my need for something new and interesting as I got near 50.

A few years later we needed to replace our very aging, high mile Jeep Cherokee. Two small kids, lots of sports and other activities, so of course we started looking at SUVs and minivans. Because, well, practicality.

One day I was working at home and my wife came in to tell me she’d found something she wanted to test drive.

Pam always had far, far higher aspirations than I did. Why should her midlife crisis be any different? So we ended up with this.
Pam with her Dodge Challenger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Perspective

Cooking Up Some Good Times

One Year In